Friday 20 July 2007

Crying (POEM)

Crying

I am crying
Watching another accident
More wonderful
The building is breaking
Seeing it coming down
There is nothing I can do

The blocks are falling on my heads
I cannot run because I have to be there
My colleagues are abusive
Saying shouldn’t have contributed in building the house
Defence not successful

Oh! Crying for you too
But it is a new crying
For people who do not know diplomacy
Who have no wisdom
Who are resisting change
Who are not post-modern

Don’t mind them
They are the easiest to be managed
They are like sheep and hens
Throw grains they will follow it laughing and dancing
Show them water they will all go to drink

Why are you crying
Shut up!
Leave them with me
I know how to deal with them
The breaking blocks will be reconstructed

aaah! The cry continues
For the safety of our building
And letters therein
What of our rights
The solution is to try to define our autonomy
In the context

Bring your values and experience
To actuality rather than the rhetoric
What of your connections with those destroying our building and letters
Tell them through their eyes
You would be absolved.

M.M. Yusif
July 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.