Monday 15 April 2013

MESSAGE TO FINAL YEAR STUDENTS


BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE








 
MESSAGE TO FINAL YEAR STUDENTS

There is no space to ever think you are graduating and going to another world. Working with you is full of joy and with understanding because you are all post – modern boys and girls. Therefore, your class is a post – modern class.

It is deliberate, in spite that some of you wanted me to give them the title of post – modern 2012, I refused to do so because your set, of about 180 students are all post – modern boys and girls.

I hope you are going to retain your post – modern character in your future world and life. This is my first sincere message for all of you.

Who knows? At any rate you have to be smart. The globalising world is a “common risk society”. You all know what this means as you are all my students in Military and Society course.

In view of this, it is only you that can find your way. Don’t rely on anybody! Don’t throw away your post – modernity. Here it would be more useful. This is my second message.

Let me drop my pen. These words contain everything. I wish you safe journey back home. And transition to new life.


M. M. Yusif
Department of Political Science
January, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.