Monday 14 March 2011


 

POEMS


 

FROM CLASS OF MILITARY AND POLITICS – POL4301 2008/2009 ACADEMIC SESSION


 


 


 


 

BY


 


 


 


 

FAIZAH TUKUR PATE

2009


 


 


 

DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE, BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO NIGERIA


 


 


 

Contents


 

Introduction    3

Military and Politics    4

A Word of Praise and an Advice to my Colleagues    6

THE GEM (M. M. YUSIF)    8

SORRY    10


 

Introduction

The crisis of the University system touches every stakeholder. Only by varied and consistent as well as self-less efforts could arrest breakdown.


 

We cannot escape the fact that good students in the system must also intervene directly to make their contributions in correcting the distortions in the system.


 

But how far this can be done? Only by development of ideas is effective and affirmative intervention could be seen.


 

The author of this literary booklet has just as importantly tries to do what I encourage her set of students in teaching of political science with poetry dimension.


 

Yes! She had become an ICON in the Department of Political Science. Together with six other students they became a "Group of Seven", that had made the greatest and most wonderful WTO-Mock Summit i.e. WTO-Mock Summit 2009.


 

The author's role in Bayero University, Kano-Nigeria is not only in generating ideas for thought but also as a great social being.


 

This literary work in four different themes expresses her social and public as well as intellectual image.


 

M. M. Yusif


 

Military and Politics


 

In this fascinating course

Where in the jackbooks have been replaced by the soft-touch electronic keys

In this brooks of knowledge of military and politics, where we learn a striking difference in the hard armouny of the yore and hitch innovation that make blasts nice to watch

Blasts of bombs from above the sky and beneath the heavy rain of gunshots

Small children wailing and their faces wry

And from the ground assaults you have the guerrillas,

Doing the hit and runs

With the swiftness and silence of the higgless movement of the crocodile

Camouflaged and only an eye

Watching to get the prey…

Hmm… military and politics

Taught with such exuberance

Imparted with vibrance of

Spirit splendour of candour,

It's you I hail!

The post modern lecturer

Who is never a combatant

In the gery fields

Yet can teach me about a war

Where in these are many wars

What an elation I feel

Deep down my heart

The spirit of team work

That kept tinkling us to do more.

The fervence of working

Together which makes my

Memory of all of my fellows very fresh

The sweetness of it all

Is, we inspired each other

And so shall we continue to.


 

A Word of Praise and an Advice to my Colleagues


 

Encouragement is what you have given to us and it is the master of fear at first we had fear in our minds

But later we realized, that when a lemon is given to you, add a handful of Sugar to make it sweet

With your encouragement, we became the product and circumstances of our choice.

A person with courageous behaviour is able to bring change to the world, what we do and what we are capable of doing will solve our problem.

My fellow colleagues, we must learn to read, if we want to become leaders, we must be readers, because good leaders are good readers

Even if you don't read widely,

You should read wisely, not only in the field of studies or for the sake of exams but for the purpose of understanding.

In this postmodern era of globalization, it is only the educated that are free. Do not allow yourself to be like a football for the neo-colonialism and capitalism to play with.

Nobody can be responsible without knowledge, so acquire it, in the hard and only way, through the postmodern lecturer.

In every 60secs two thousand materials are produce for the sake of man's knowledge but the materials can take man 5 years to read, so it is your opportunity now, grab it at a free price.

Reading is an exercise, it makes out brains sharp not only in acquiring knowledge but wisdom, you can live a healthy life with knowledge and wisdom, so do not be lazy!!

You can imagine, how the postmodern lecturer has reformed SALIHI AHMAD ALIYU!!!

Be like the postmodern lecturer

M. M. Yusif, The independent researcher (M. M. Mukhtar), what about the political commissar (Riyauddeen), the guerilla theorist (Humble Muawiya), the GENERALS do not forget them


 

THE GEM (M. M. YUSIF)


 

In an ivory tower

There is a gem

So priceless

On whose mind is a bank

Of political science.

There are stores of logic

And theories Balkanized

In this big heart


 

M. M. Yusif

So terse a name

So nice a gem

He shot the game

It a lame

A predator dreaded

In my sense

The darkness in my head

Was turned an incense

Because of the gem!!!


 

Adieu! My teacher,

Bravo! My tutor,

Can you now see,

The mystery of time

And distance.

Now we can no longer chat together.


 

In the debate of say,

The mock summit

Whereas I am sure,

As bees to petals

Millions like me

Shall come to you

Sucking!


 

M. M. The theorist

He is special

He is a tutor.


 


 


 


 

I weep my heart

When I imagine

Not having you as I go on,

Another sojourn

Inn my battle

To build my life.


 

Goodbye my teacher

Adieu my tutor

Missing you my director

Farewell teacher!!!


 

SORRY


 

Whatever I do

Such as even smiling at you

I know it affects you


 

I am sorry is all I can say

When I offend my own world

Because, in it, I still torment it.


 

I run your rivers dry

I wither your most beautiful followers

Starving your fishes and

The buzzing bees

But, all, I do not know


 

I am sorry

I was not able to fix back trees,

I did say sorry when

I still offend you!!!


 

You serve me of your fruits,

You ignore my beauty,

With no clean shower,

You said I already

Have them all.


 

Despite all, I say sorry

For things that I have

Put you through,

All the times

You did not

Know what to do


 

I took a deep breath,

For your words, are your words

And then, I know I have them all


 

Whatever given contented

I'll and accepting I have

Been even with the rife

And fall of ignorance


 


 


 

I can not give lace, laurels,

Gold and diamond to you,

Still where ever I go,

You are there,

You'll never let me

Be on my own.


 

I offend you, when I offend

Myself, when I do not know

But forever, grateful,

I am.


 

I know, I always offend you,

And it always be to my

Detriment but,

Today, am sorry is the

Only seed I need to grow

On you.


 

For me to track on

That, path of forgiveness

With you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.